Taking an overdose of Zipsor (diclofenac potassium) could be dangerous and may lead to high blood pressure, bleeding in the digestive tract, kidney failure, or coma. The specific effects of an overdose will vary, depending on how much of the drug you take and whether you take it with other substances. Treatment for an overdose may involve "pumping the stomach," inducing vomiting, and supportive care.
Can You Take Too Much Zipsor?
Zipsor™ (diclofenac potassium) is a prescription medication approved to treat pain. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). As with most medications, it is possible to take too much Zipsor. The specific effects of an overdose with Zipsor could potentially be dangerous but would vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Zipsor dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
Effects of a Zipsor Overdose
Based on information from oral overdoses of other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), the following Zipsor overdose symptoms might occur:
- Ulcers or bleeding of the digestive tract
- Nausea and vomiting
- Throat or upper chest pain
- High blood pressure
- Kidney failure
- Slow or irregular breathing
Because of the risk of accidental overdose, be sure to keep Zipsor (and all other medications) out of the reach of children and pets.
The treatment for a Zipsor overdose will vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines to induce vomiting or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Activated charcoal may also be given to limit absorption of Zipsor. Treatment will also involve supportive care, which would include treating any of the overdose symptoms that can occur (such as high blood pressure).
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have taken too much Zipsor.