The recommended dosage of Zipsor for the treatment of mild to moderate pain is 25 mg four times a day. In order to reduce the risk of serious side effects, it is generally recommended to take the lowest effective dose for the shortest period of time. It is important that you try to space out your doses evenly throughout the day.
Zipsor Dosage: An Introduction
There is only one standard dose of Zipsor™ (diclofenac potassium), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Zipsor Dosing for Pain
The standard recommended Zipsor dosage for mild to moderate acute (short-term) pain is 25 mg four times daily. As with all NSAIDs, it is recommended that people take Zipsor at the lowest effective dosage for the shortest period of time, to reduce the risk of serious Zipsor side effects.
General Information on Dosing With Zipsor
Some considerations for people taking Zipsor include the following:
- Zipsor comes in liquid-filled capsules and is usually taken by mouth four times a day.
- It is usually recommended to take NSAIDs (like Zipsor) with food to help prevent stomach upset. However, food may cause this medication to work more slowly.
- Try to space out your doses of this medication evenly throughout the day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Zipsor, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.