There are several strengths of Vicodin® (hydrocodone/APAP) currently available. In 2012, the manufacturer of Vicodin changed the strengths of its products in order to comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements to lower the acetaminophen content.The old Vicodin tablets were available in the following strengths:The new Vicodin strengths are as follows:
- Vicodin 5/500 -- 5 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and 500 mg of acetaminophen
- Vicodin HP® 10/660 -- 10 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and 660 mg of acetaminophen
- Vicodin ES® 7.5/750 -- 7.5 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and 750 mg of acetaminophen.
- Vicodin 5/300 -- 5 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and 300 mg of acetaminophen
- Vicodin HP 10/300 -- 10 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and 300 mg of acetaminophen
- Vicodin ES 7.5/300 -- 7.5 mg of hydrocodone bitartrate and 300 mg of acetaminophen.
Your healthcare provider will consider several factors before recommending a Vicodin dosage. Some of these factors include how you respond to Vicodin, other medical conditions you may have, and other medications you are currently taking (including vitamins and herbal supplements).
(Click Vicodin Dosage for more information on Vicodin strengths, including how your healthcare provider will determine your dosage and some tips on when and how to take this medication.)