An Introduction to Subutex Side Effects
Just like any medicine, Subutex®
) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Subutex. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of Subutex
Subutex has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects of the drug were carefully documented. Based on the information from these studies, the most commonly reported reactions to Subutex included:
- Headaches -- in up to 29.1 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 21.4 percent
- Nausea -- up to 13.6 percent
- Sweating -- up to 12.6 percent
- Infections -- up to 11.7 percent
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- up to 11.7 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 7.8 percent
- Constipation -- up to 7.8 percent.