When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations for when and how to take Relafen include the following:
- Relafen comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth.
- Your dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- For osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, Relafen may take several weeks before it begins to work to its full potential.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will reduce the risk of serious side effects.
- Relafen should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Relafen to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Relafen your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Relafen Dosage for more information.)