People with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis are recommended to take a starting Relafen dosage of 1000 mg once a day or divided into a twice-daily dose. The maximum recommended daily dose of Relafen is 2000 mg. Relafen dosing can be affected by your weight, the medical condition you are being treated for, and other medical conditions you may have, among other factors.
Relafen Dosing: An IntroductionThe dose of Relafen® (nabumetone) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- The medical condition you are being treated for
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your Relafen dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
For osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, the recommended starting Relafen dose is Relafen 1000 mg once a day or divided into a twice-daily dose. It can be taken with or without food. The maximum recommended daily dosage of Relafen is 2000 mg.
For people with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, it may take several weeks for Relafen to begin working to its full potential.
- Your Relafen dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of serious side effects occurring.
- Relafen should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For Relafen to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Relafen will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you do not take your Relafen as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take double the dose at one time or take it with other NSAIDs. It is okay to take it with acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
- If you are unsure about anything related to Relafen or your Relafen dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Relafen without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.