Pregabalin Side Effects
While most people tolerate pregabalin well, side effects can still occur with this medication. Some common side effects of this drug include weight gain, a dry mouth, and dizziness. A few of the more serious side effects include difficulty breathing, an irregular heart rhythm, and double vision. If you experience any of these more serious side effects, it's important to notify your healthcare provider immediately.
Interested in a Discount on Pregabalin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with pregabalin (Lyrica®); however, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate pregabalin quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with pregabalin. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Some side effects of pregabalin are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of congestive heart failure, including difficulty breathing and water retention or swelling (especially in the hands, legs, or feet)
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Any vision changes, including blurred vision or double vision
- A need to take more pregabalin than prescribed, especially if you think you may be dependent on, or addicted to, pregabalin (see Lyrica Abuse)
- Unexplained muscle pain or weakness, especially if accompanied by a fever and fatigue
- Anxiety or confusion
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling
Suicidal thinking or behavior (see Seizure Medications and Suicide).