General considerations for when and how to take oxaprozin include the following:
- The medication comes in a caplet form that is taken by mouth.
- Your dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent stomach upset.
- Oxaprozin may take several weeks to achieve its full potential.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease the chances of developing serious side effects.
- Oxaprozin should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For oxaprozin to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it in a different way than how your healthcare provider recommends.
The dose of oxaprozin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Dosing With Oxaprozin to learn more.)