Precautions and Warnings With Naprosyn
Asthma and diabetes are among the conditions you should let your healthcare provider know about before you take Naprosyn. A few of the people who should not take this medicine include those with an active bleeding condition, those who are allergic to Naprosyn or its inactive components, and those who are in the third trimester of pregnancy. Some other precautions and warnings with Naprosyn include potential drug interactions, the risk of a heart attack or stroke in some people taking the drug, and the safety of taking Naprosyn if you have high blood pressure.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or failure
- Kidney disease or failure
- Bleeding problems (or if you are taking medicines that decrease the ability of your blood to clot)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including sulfa drugs, aspirin, or other NSAID pain medicines.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.