Several companies make generic Naprosyn, including Sandoz and Mylan Labs. The generic versions are sold under the names Naproxen tablets, Naproxen oral suspension (liquid), and EC-Naproxen tablets. Generic Naproxen tablets come in three strengths: 250 mg, 375 mg, and 500 mg.
Can I Buy Generic Naprosyn?Naprosyn® (naproxen) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat several conditions. Some Naprosyn uses include:
- Pain relief. Naprosyn can relieve pain following a medical procedure, as well as pain caused by straining a muscle or inflammation in a tendon (tendonitis) or bursa (bursitis). Naprosyn can also be used to treat general pain, such as lower back pain, neck pain, or knee pain.
- Treatment of arthritis symptoms, including pain, stiffness, and swelling. Naprosyn can be used to treat several different types of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile arthritis (also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis), ankylosing spondylitis, and gout. Naprosyn does not cure arthritis or change its progression.
- Treatment of painful menstrual periods.
Naprosyn is also available in a delayed-release form -- EC-Naprosyn® (naproxen delayed-release). Naprosyn and EC-Naprosyn were originally developed by Roche Laboratories. They have since come off-patent, making them available as generics.
Generic Naprosyn is sold under the names Naproxen tablets, Naproxen oral suspension (liquid), and EC-Naproxen tablets. It is available in the following strengths:
- Naproxen 250 mg tablets
- Naproxen 375 mg tablets
- Naproxen 500 mg tablets
- Naproxen 125mg/5mL oral suspension -- one teaspoon (5mL) contains 125 mg of naproxen
- EC-Naproxen 375 mg tablets
- EC-Naproxen 500 mg tablets.