MS Contin Warnings and Precautions
Before starting a new medication, it is important to fully review its warnings and precautions. With MS Contin, these precautions include the risk of becoming addicted to the medication, the safety of taking the medicine when pregnant or breastfeeding, and potential drug interactions. MS Contin warnings and precautions also apply to people who have certain health conditions, such as liver disease, asthma, or low blood pressure.
MS Contin: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking MS Contin® (morphine sulfate ER) if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Lung disease of any sort
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Gallbladder or pancreas disease
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Severe abdominal (stomach) pain
- Addison's disease
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.