Warning Signs of Addiction to MorphineHealthcare providers who prescribe or dispense morphine often watch for certain signs of addiction, such as:
- Going through a morphine prescription too quickly (and needing refills before they are due).
- "Doctor shopping," which is seeing several different healthcare providers to obtain numerous morphine prescriptions, or switching from one provider to another.
- Repeated reports of losing a prescription, having a prescription stolen, or needing a prescription early to go on vacation.
Friends and family can also keep an eye out for other signs of addiction, such as:
- Secluded behavior, often needing to spend large amounts of time alone
- Stealing, lying, or other dishonest behavior
- An unexplainable lack of money
- Changes in social circles, such as abandoning good friends and replacing them with new ones
- Unexplained changes in mood or behaviors.