What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Metaxalone?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Skelaxin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Skelaxin and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Metaxalone to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose for metaxalone, regardless of your age, weight, or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Metaxalone Dosage for more information.)