Pain Home > Xodol
When and How to Take XodolGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Xodol comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually every four to six hours as needed for pain.
- Be careful not to exceed the maximum recommended daily dose, as this could lead to overdose symptoms or to poisoning from the acetaminophen component, which can cause liver failure.
- It is either taken "as needed" or on a scheduled basis. "As needed" means you will only take a dose if you are experiencing pain (if you are not in pain, you will skip the dose), while "scheduled use" means you should take it on schedule, even if you are not in pain. Most healthcare providers prescribe Xodol on an "as needed" basis, rather than a scheduled basis. In some situations, a scheduled basis is appropriate, such as in people with constant cancer-related pain.
- It is best to take your dosage with food, as this may help reduce nausea and vomiting.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking Xodol, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How sensitive you are to Xodol
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.