Pain Home > Vistaril
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Vistaril?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Vistaril if you have:
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Difficulty passing urine
- Heart disease
- Alzheimer's disease
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, hepatitis, or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any other allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Hydroxyzine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Hydroxyzine and Breastfeeding).
- Extreme drowsiness
- Nausea and vomiting.