Pain Home > Sumatriptan/Naproxen Sodium
- Sumatriptan/naproxen sodium comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth as soon as possible once a migraine starts.
- Swallow sumatriptan/naproxen sodium tablets whole with a drink of water or other fluids.
- Sumatriptan/naproxen sodium can be taken with or without food. Because one of the components of the medication (naproxen sodium) can be irritating to the stomach, it may be a good idea to take sumatriptan/naproxen sodium with a little food (although this may not be possible due to nausea from the migraine).
- Do not take two doses of sumatriptan/naproxen sodium within two hours of each other.
- For sumatriptan/naproxen sodium to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.