Pain Home > Sprix Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Use Sprix?You should not use Sprix if you:
- Are allergic to Sprix, ketorolac, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have ever had an asthma attack, hives, or any other allergic reaction to aspirin or another NSAID.
- Are having or have just had a heart surgery called a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG).
- Have an active bleeding condition, such as a stomach or intestinal ulcer (peptic ulcer) or bleeding within the head, or have an increased risk for bleeding.
- Had a recent peptic ulcer, or have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding or perforation (a hole in the digestive tract).
- Have an upcoming major surgery.
- Have severe kidney disease or kidney failure.