Pain Home > Savella Uses
Savella Uses in Children
Savella has not been adequately studied in children or adolescents under the age of 17. It is not known if the drug is safe or effective for children.
Off-Label Uses for Savella
On occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend Savella for something other than fibromyalgia (this is known as an "off-label" use). Based on approved or off-label uses of medications that are similar to Savella, it could be used off-label for the following conditions:
- Depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression)
- Peripheral diabetic neuropathy pain
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Stress incontinence (loss of bladder control due to activities such as coughing, sneezing, laughing, or exercising)
- Chronic pain
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), including adult ADHD
- Hot flashes during menopause (although hot flashes are actually a common Savella side effect)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).