Pain Home > Oxycodone/APAP
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking oxycodone/APAP if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Gallbladder or pancreas disease
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A head injury or high intercranial pressure
- Severe abdominal (stomach) pain
- Addison's disease
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH)
- Lung disease of any sort
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Oxycodone/APAP and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Oxycodone/APAP and Breastfeeding).