Pain Home > Precautions and Warnings With Oxaprozin
To better understand the side effects that may occur with a drug, it's important to review precautions and warnings. With oxaprozin, potential side effects include heart attack or stroke, increased liver enzymes, and kidney damage. Precautions and warnings with oxaprozin also extend to people who have an active bleeding condition, people who have recently had open heart surgery, and women in their third trimester of pregnancy or who are nursing.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems or are taking a medicine that decreases the blood's ability to clot
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.