Pain Home > Oramorph Side Effects
Serious Oramorph SR Side EffectsSome side effects with Oramorph SR, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- The urge to take more medication than prescribed or for a non-medical purpose (see Oramorph Abuse)
- Falling or unsteadiness
- Unusual changes in mood or behavior
- Severe constipation
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Difficulty passing urine
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Slow or irregular breathing
- Severe drowsiness
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
It is common to develop non-allergic itching due to morphine (the active ingredient in Oramorph SR). Morphine causes a release of histamine, resulting in itching unrelated to any allergy. If you develop itching and do not experience any other allergy symptoms, it is unlikely that you are allergic to Oramorph SR. However, you should still tell your healthcare provider, as there are medications available to help relieve the itching.