Pain Home > Nucynta Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Nucynta if you:
- Are allergic to it, to tapentadol, or to any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes) that is not treated.
- Have severe asthma or are having an asthma attack.
- Have high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercarbia).
- Have a bowel obstruction (paralytic ileus).
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past 14 days. MAOIs include: