Pain Home > Nucynta
Abuse PotentialNucynta has a significant potential for both psychological and physical dependence and abuse. In fact, it is classified as a controlled substance, which means that there are special rules and regulations for prescribing and obtaining the medication.
When and How to Take NucyntaGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Nucynta include the following:
- Nucynta comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth every four to six hours.
- It can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if the medication seems to bother your stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Nucynta.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking Nucynta, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Nucynta your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type and severity of your pain
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other pain medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have.