Pain Home > Precautions and Warnings With Motrin
You should not take Motrin if you:
- Are allergic to Motrin, ibuprofen, any other brands of ibuprofen (Advil®, Genpril®, Nuprin®, Vicoprofen®, Combunox®, and others), or any inactive components used in making Motrin. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have an active bleeding condition, such as a stomach ulcer or bleeding within the head.
- Have an allergic reaction, hives, or asthma that is caused by aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Are having or have recently had coronary bypass graft surgery (often known as open heart surgery, bypass surgery, or CABG).
- Are in the third trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
There are a number of situations in which Motrin should not be taken, as well as a number of precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting Motrin. However, it is possible that not all Motrin warnings and precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific precautions and warnings that may apply to you.