Pain Home > Generic Motrin
Generic Motrin is sold under a number of names, including Ibuprofen tablets, Ibuprofen capsules, Ibuprofen oral suspension, and Ibuprofen caplets. It is available as either a prescription or nonprescription medicine and comes in multiple strengths.
- Pain relief, such as for pain following a procedure, from straining a muscle, or from inflammation in a tendon (tendonitis) or bursa (bursitis). It can also be used to treat general pain, such as headache, toothache, knee pain, back pain, or foot pain.
- Treatment of arthritis symptoms, including pain, stiffness, and swelling. Motrin can be used to treat several different types of arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Motrin does not cure these types of arthritis, nor does it change their progression.
- Treatment of painful menstrual periods.
- Temporary relief of fever.
- Ibuprofen 100 mg
- Ibuprofen 200 mg
- Ibuprofen 50 mg/1.25 mL oral solution -- 1.25 mL contains 50 mg of ibuprofen
- Ibuprofen 100 mg/5mL oral solution -- one teaspoon (5 mL) contains 125 mg of ibuprofen.