Pain Home > Magnacet Dosage
Considerations for people taking Magnacet include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually every six hours as needed for pain.
- Magnacet is usually taken "as needed." This means you will only take a dose if you are experiencing pain (if you are not in pain, you will skip the dose). However, it is best to "stay on top of the pain" -- do not wait too long to take a dose once the pain begins. It is much harder to control pain once it becomes severe.
- It is best to take this medication with food, as this may help reduce stomach upset.
- Be careful not to exceed the maximum recommended daily dose, as this could lead to overdose symptoms or poisoning from the acetaminophen component, which can cause liver failure.
- You may want to consider taking a laxative along with this medication (especially if you will take it regularly for more than a few days), as it often causes constipation.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose or take it more frequently than prescribed without your healthcare provider's approval. If you have been taking Magnacet for more than a few weeks, do not stop taking it suddenly without your healthcare provider's supervision.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Magnacet dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.