Pain Home > Laparoscopy for Endometriosis
Possible Risks During a Laparoscopy for EndometriosisNo procedure is ever completely free of risks. However, this particular surgery has been performed for many years with successful results and limited complications. Possible problems that can occur include but are not limited to:
- Complications from the air placed in the abdomen, such as air going into a blood vessel or the space outside the lung
- Blood clots
- Nerve injury
- Reactions to medication or anesthesia
- Other rare and unlikely events.
AlternativesThere are many ways to try to improve endometriosis symptoms. You and your doctor can pick the one that is best for you. The different treatment options depend on:
- How old you are
- How much trouble the endometriosis is
- How much endometriosis you have
- Whether you want to have children.
For your particular situation, some alternatives to a laparoscopy for endometriosis may include certain medicines and/or other surgeries.