Pain Home > Ketoprofen
- Ketoprofen comes in a capsule form. You take it by mouth.
- You may take your dosage with a glass of water; however, taking it with milk or food may prevent stomach upset.
- For the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, ketoprofen may take several weeks before it begins to work to its full potential.
- Take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease your chances of experiencing serious side effects with ketoprofen.
- Take ketoprofen at the same time each day. This will help to maintain an even level of medication in your blood.
- For ketoprofen to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider prescribes.
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.