Some general considerations include the following:
- The Flector Patch is usually applied to the skin twice a day.
- Apply the patch to clean, dry, unbroken skin. Wash the skin with soap and water before application.
- Do not swim or bathe while wearing the patch.
- Do not use lotions, cosmetics, or any other products on the skin where you apply the patch. This may cause the patch to fall off or might interfere with the absorption of the medication.
- Wash your hands after applying the patch.
- If the Flector Patch appears to be coming loose, you may tape down the edges of the patch to the skin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Flector Patch Dosing Information
There is only one standard recommended dosage for this medication, regardless of your age or weight. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
As with any medicine, Flector may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the most common side effects of Flector include:
- Skin reactions at the application site
(Click Flector Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)