Pain Home > Flector Dosage
The recommended dosage of Flector for the treatment of short-term pain is one patch applied directly to the skin over the area that hurts the most. The skin patch should be changed twice a day, approximately every 12 hours. Dosing for this product is standard for everyone, regardless of your age or weight.
There is only one standard dose for the Flector® Patch (diclofenac patch). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The standard recommended Flector dosage for the treatment of short-term pain caused by strains, sprains, or bruises is one patch applied to the most painful area every 12 hours.
Some considerations for people using Flector include the following:
- The Flector Patch is usually applied to the skin twice a day.
- Apply the patch to clean, dry, unbroken skin. Wash the skin with soap and water before application.
- Do not swim or bathe while wearing the patch.
- Do not use lotions, cosmetics, or any other products on the skin where you apply the patch. This may cause the patch to fall off or might interfere with the absorption of the medication.
- Wash your hands after applying the Flector patch.
- Some people have reported difficulty with getting the patch to stick well. If the patch appears to be coming loose, you may tape down the edges of the patch to the skin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Flector, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.