Pain Home > Feldene Precautions and Warnings
Before taking Feldene, you should let your healthcare provider know if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or a frequent user of alcohol, among other things. If, while taking this drug, you experience chest pain, shortness of breath, weakness, and slurring of speech, call 911 immediately. These symptoms could be signs of a heart attack or stroke. Precautions and warnings with Feldene also extend to people with liver or kidney disease or diabetes.
Feldene: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Feldene® (piroxicam) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or if you are taking medicine that decreases the blood's ability to clot)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also, tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.