Pain Home > Embeda Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Embeda, precautions and warnings for the drug should be reviewed with your healthcare provider. For example, your healthcare provider should be aware of any other medical conditions you have, as Embeda is not suitable for everyone. Also, Embeda can cause drug interactions, so it's important that your healthcare provider is aware of all other medicines you are taking (including vitamins and herbal supplements).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Embeda?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Embeda™ (morphine sulfate/naltrexone hydrochloride) if you have:
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Severe abdominal (stomach) pain
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Gallbladder or pancreas disease
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Addison's disease
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH)
- Lung disease of any sort
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.