Pain Home > Embeda Side Effects
Notify your healthcare provider if you develop serious Embeda side effects, such as seizures, severe constipation, or difficulty breathing. In most cases, however, people tolerate the medication quite well and any side effects that occur are typically easy to treat. Common side effects include constipation, nausea, and drowsiness. Other, less-common side effects may include fatigue, anxiety, and sweating.
An Introduction to Embeda Side EffectsAs with any medicine, Embeda™ (morphine sulfate/naltrexone hydrochloride) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Embeda. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of EmbedaEmbeda has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the most common side effects included:
- Constipation (see Embeda and Constipation) -- in up to 31.2 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 22.2 percent
- Drowsiness -- up to 13.9 percent
- Psychiatric problems (unspecified) -- up to 9 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 8.4 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 7.7 percent
- Headaches -- up to 6.9 percent
- Itching -- up to 6.2 percent.
Other common side effects of Embeda (occurring in 2 to 6 percent of people) included:
- Upper abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Dry mouth
- Flushing of the skin