Pain Home > Diclofenac/Misoprostol Side Effects
Common Side EffectsDiclofenac/misoprostol has been studied in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people taking diclofenac/misoprostol were documented and compared to those that occurred in a group of people given diclofenac only (one of the components of the drug). As a result, it was possible to see what side effects were reported and how often they occurred.
In clinical studies, the most common diclofenac/misoprostol side effects included:
- Abdominal (stomach) pain -- in up to 21 percent of people
- Diarrhea -- up to 19 percent
- Heartburn or indigestion -- up to 14 percent
- Nausea -- up to 11 percent
- Gas -- up to 9 percent.
Other ReactionsOther uncommon side effects were also reported with diclofenac/misoprostol or the two individual components of the drug. Some of these rare but possible problems include but are not limited to:
- Body aches and pains
- Muscle cramps
- Fever and chills
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Abnormal taste
- Vision problems
- Ringing of the ears (tinnitus)
- Upper respiratory tract infection, such as the common cold
- Chest pain
- Low or high blood pressure
- Swelling of the arms, hands, legs, ankles, or feet
- Impotence (erectile dysfunction, or ED)
- Weight changes
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Dry mouth.