Pain Home > Darvon Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Darvon, make sure to inform your healthcare provider of any health issues you may have, such as depression, suicidal tendencies, or any allergies. Also, it is important to know that this medication can be lethal in the case of an overdose. Warnings and precautions with Darvon also apply to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Darvon?
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- A bowel obstruction (blockage)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease of any sort
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant