Pain Home > Buprenex
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind when using Buprenex include the following:
- This medication comes as an injection. It can be injected into a muscle or given by IV. It is usually given every four to six hours.
- If pain is not adequately controlled after the first dose, a second dose can be given 30 to 60 minutes after the initial dose.
- This medication is a controlled substance because it can be abused. Proper storage and disposal are important to prevent theft. Keep the medication in a safe place.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be given as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe Buprenex dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type and severity of your pain
- The type and dosage of other pain medications you have been taking
- How you respond to the medication
- Your weight (for children)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of BuprenexJust like any medicine, Buprenex can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- A drowsy, calm state (sedation)
- A spinning sensation (vertigo).