Pain Home > Avinza
Avinza is a prescription drug used for relieving moderate to severe chronic pain. It is meant to be taken every day on a regular schedule, not on an "as needed" basis. Avinza capsules contain tiny extended-release beads that are specially designed to release morphine evenly throughout the day. While most people tolerate this narcotic well, potential side effects include drowsiness, vomiting, and headaches.
- Pain relief
- Cough suppression
- Unusual unpleasant feelings (dysphoria) or unusual pleasant feelings (euphoria)
- Slowing of the digestive tract
- Release of histamine (which often causes itching)
- Decreased breathing (slow or shallow breathing)
- Certain changes in the circulatory system
- Physical dependence.