Lodine Precautions and Warnings
It's important to be aware of Lodine's precautions and warnings prior to taking the drug, including possible complications or side effects. Some people who take Lodine may experience high blood pressure, stomach or intestinal problems, and allergic reactions. Warnings also extend to people who should avoid the drug, including those who are allergic to it, have an active bleeding condition, or have recently had open heart surgery.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems or are taking a medicine that decreases the blood's ability to clot
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of either condition
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Also tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.