Ketoprofen Precautions and Warnings
In the case of ketoprofen, precautions and warnings to be aware of include such things as not taking the medication if you have an active bleeding condition (such as an ulcer). Other precautions and warnings for ketoprofen users involve pregnancy and nursing. Drinking alcohol frequently may increase the risk of experiencing serious side effects with ketoprofen. The following article discusses other ketoprofen precautions and warnings to consider before taking the medication.
Before taking ketoprofen, let your healthcare provider know if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Bleeding problems (or are taking a medicine that decreases the ability for blood to clot)
- Stomach ulcers, stomach bleeding, or a history of them
- Any allergies to medicines, including aspirin or other NSAID pain medicines.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol frequently
- Are having or have recently had heart surgery.
Be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.