Interested in a Discount on Indocin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
It is believed that blocking the effects of prostaglandins is what makes Indocin useful for reducing pain, inflammation, and joint swelling associated with different forms of arthritis and painful conditions.
Some general considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Indocin comes in capsule, oral suspension (liquid), and suppository forms. Take capsules and liquid by mouth. Insert Indocin suppositories into the rectum.
- You may take the Indocin capsules with a glass of water; taking the dosage with milk or food may prevent stomach upset.
- If you're using Indocin to treat symptoms of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, it may take several weeks before the medication begins to work to its full potential.
- Be sure to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will decrease your chances of developing serious side effects.
- Take Indocin at the same time each day. This will help to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
The dose of Indocin that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Indocin Dosage for more information.)