When and How Do I Take Feldene?Some general considerations for when and how to take this medication include:
- Feldene comes in a capsule form. It is taken by mouth.
- Your dosage should be taken with a glass of water. Taking it with milk or food may prevent an upset stomach.
- For osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, it may take several weeks for Feldene to begin working to its full potential.
- It is important to take the lowest effective dose for the least amount of time in order to treat your condition. This will reduce the risks of serious side effects.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For Feldene to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it in a way other than the way your healthcare provider prescribes.
DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Feldene Dosage for more information.)