Diclofenac/Misoprostol Side Effects
Studies have shown that some of the most commonly reported side effects of diclofenac/misoprostol include abdominal pain, diarrhea, and heartburn. Research has also shown that most people tolerate this medication well, and if reactions occur, they tend to be minor. However, there are some potentially serious problems that require medical treatment. These include decreased urination, severe diarrhea, and bloody stools.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Diclofenac/MisoprostolJust like any medicine, diclofenac/misoprostol (Arthrotec®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with diclofenac/misoprostol. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Diclofenac/Misoprostol Side EffectsSome side effects of diclofenac/misoprostol are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Weakness on one side of your body
- Problems speaking or walking
- Severe or persistent diarrhea
- Decreased urination
- Dry mouth, lips, or skin, which could be signs of dehydration
- Menstrual problems, including irregular or heavy periods
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Bloody, black, or tarry stools
- Vomiting blood
- Bloody nose
- Unusual swelling of the arms, hands, legs, ankles, or feet
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Unexplained tiredness or weakness
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.