Interested in a Discount on Diclofenac/Misoprostol?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure or a history of a heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A liver problem known as hepatic porphyria
- Had recent coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery or plans to have a CABG
- Had a stroke
- Stomach ulcers or stomach bleeding
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Edema (retention of body fluid).
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Arthrotec and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Arthrotec and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Diclofenac/Misoprostol to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Diclofenac/misoprostol combines two different medications that work in different ways. Diclofenac sodium, the pain-relieving component, works by blocking the production of prostaglandins, which are hormone-like substances in the body that cause inflammation and pain. By blocking the production of prostaglandins, diclofenac can reduce pain, inflammation, and joint swelling associated with arthritis.
Misoprostol, the other component, is a type of prostaglandin. It works by decreasing stomach acid secretion and protecting the lining of the stomach from stomach acid and other harmful substances.