Darvon Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Darvon?You should not take Darvon if you:
- Are allergic to Darvon, propoxyphene hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes) that is not treated.
- Have severe asthma or are having an asthma attack.
- Have high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercarbia).
- Have a bowel obstruction (paralytic ileus).