Interested in a Discount on Darvon?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Darvon has some potential for both psychological and physical dependence and abuse. In fact, it is classified as a controlled substance, meaning that there are special rules and regulations for prescribing and obtaining the medication. Because it can be a desirable drug of abuse, people may buy Darvon through illegal means, such as from foreign countries or online sources that do not require a prescription.
Some general considerations include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, every four hours as needed for pain. Do not ever take more than 6 capsules in 24 hours.
- It is probably best to take Darvon with food, as it can be upsetting to the stomach.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication (see Darvon and Alcohol).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval. Do not suddenly stop taking it, especially if you have taken it regularly for more than several weeks (see Darvon Withdrawal).
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Darvon
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Darvon Dosage for more information.)