Darvocet Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Darvocet if you:
- Are allergic to Darvocet, propoxyphene napsylate, acetaminophen, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication (see Darvocet Ingredients)
- Have significant respiratory depression (slow or ineffective breathing due to a variety of causes) that is not treated
- Have severe asthma or are having an asthma attack
- Have high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercarbia)
- Have a bowel obstruction (paralytic ileus).
There are a number of situations in which Darvocet should not be taken, as well as several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about the specific ones that may apply to you.