Side Effects of Cyclobenzaprine
Dizziness, a dry mouth, and drowsiness appear to be the most common cyclobenzaprine side effects. Problems that are less common (occurring in less than 1 percent of people taking the medication) include insomnia, coordination problems, and a general ill feeling. Although side effects of this product are typically minor, potentially serious side effects that require medical attention include seizures, depression, or hallucinations.
An Introduction to Side Effects of CyclobenzaprineAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride (Flexeril®). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with this medicine. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of cyclobenzaprine side effects with you.)
Cyclobenzaprine Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with cyclobenzaprine that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Signs of liver damage, including yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice), dark urine, and upper right abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Anxiety, agitation, or psychotic behavior
- Difficulty passing urine
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.