When and How to Take CyclobenzaprineSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Cyclobenzaprine comes in the form of a tablet. It is usually taken three times daily (although a less frequent dose may be recommended for elderly people or for people who have liver problems).
- In general, it should only be used for two or three weeks at a time.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Cyclobenzaprine can cause significant drowsiness. Your healthcare provider may recommend that you take it only at night, especially if you need to be alert during the day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Who Makes Cyclobenzaprine?Brand-name cyclobenzaprine is made by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals. Generic cyclobenzaprine is made by several different manufacturers.
- Cyclobenzaprine 5 mg
- Cyclobenzaprine 10 mg.
Is There a Generic Version of Cyclobenzaprine?Currently, both brand-name and generic versions of the drug are licensed for sale.
(Click Generic Flexeril for more information.)