What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking cyclobenzaprine if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Had a heart attack recently
- Difficulty passing urine
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Flexeril and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Flexeril and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any of the medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Cyclobenzaprine to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you are taking
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your cyclobenzaprine dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Cyclobenzaprine Dosing for more information.)