Some general considerations include the following:
- Cyclobenzaprine ER comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take the medication any time of the day, but it is best to take it consistently at the same time each day. Taking cyclobenzaprine ER in the evening may help reduce daytime drowsiness.
- In general, cyclobenzaprine ER should only be used for two to three weeks at a time.
- You can take the medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not open, crush, or chew the capsules.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of cyclobenzaprine ER that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Cyclobenzaprine ER Dosage for more information.)
Cyclobenzaprine ER can potentially interact with a number of other medications (see Drug Interactions With Cyclobenzaprine ER).